Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Horoscopes: Are good manners important to you?

Yes indeed.. My parents raised us kids with good manners and I continued this wonderful important skill with my daughter. Take "Thank You" for example. I had 4 stepkids and my daghter for 10 years. They didn't have manners. I cooked the dinner, served up the plates, actually took them to each child and held their plate until they said "thank you." I wasn't letting go of that plate till I heard (with eye contact) "thank you." It worked. I had done all the work and at the very least they could say "thank you." I was so proud when we visited others and they were so polite and used good manners. Manners need to be taught until the manners become a habit. After a certain age you can blame the older kids, but really, we only know what we know. I also insisted on "yes mam" and "no sir." It also became a habit. It is our job as parents to teach manners. They seem to be going by the wayside. Sad. Truly sad. And yes, I do still have good manners. As I said, good manners become a part of you, a habit. Yeah, with your Libra moon I'll bet you can't stand it when somebody eats with their mouth open. That grosses me out too though I have no Libra planets. The two manners I believe are most important are thank you and yes mam and no sir. Oh, another great thing to raise your children with is Proper English. The english language is going to h*** in a handbasket. Kids can't spell or write properly. And then they are lost in college. That is so sad too. Good question. Good luck and Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment