Monday, July 18, 2011

Help!! Am I suffering anxiety?

I have had anxiety now for 2 years. I am 21 years old. Actually right now, while I'm writing this, I feel like I can't breathe and I feel like I have something lodged in my throat. Normally I would take off to the ER right away, get poked with a bunch of needles, have a urine test done, etc. Just in the end to hear the doctor tell me once again "sweetie, this is all due to anxiety". I hate those words, because I feel like there is still something more that's wrong with me. But I'm trying to teach myself that everything will be okay! I won't die! And if I do, well... I hope I'm headed for Heaven rather than the nasty place we all call Hell. Some of MY symptoms from anxiety include: shortness or breath, racing heart, stomach pain, headaches, numbness and tingling, tightness in the chest area, "swelling" of the throat and dizziness/faint feelings. Who wouldve thought that anxiety could cause such problems? I never would have guessed it! My first year dealing with anxiety, I managed to rack up $10,000 worth of doctor bills and I didn't even have a job at the time!!! Thank the Lord I was able to apply for assistance. They paid every penny for me. Praise God! I would have been in a deeper hole than I already am in. And still, here I sit, feeling my throat for any "bumps" or "painful spots". I make myself laugh sometimes :) things that HELP with anxiety: EXERCISE, MEDICATION, MEDITATION, COUNSELING, WRITING DOWN YOUR THOUGHTS EVERY DAY, GO TO YOUTUBE.COM & LOOK UP MEDITATION, ALSO LOOK UP TAPPING FOR ANXIETY, EATING HEALTHY. Also when a negative thought comes along, try to block it. Go to your favorite place in your mind, and think about being there. Pray to God about this anxiety issue of yours, and he will help I'm sure. I hope I helped atleast a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment