Saturday, July 16, 2011

Break up over religion?

Hey, I'm 17 years old and I'm an Independent Baptist. 2 months ago I began dating someone of the Catholic Faith. Due to the additional scriptures they use other than the Bible, as well and most importantly their beliefs of salvation it bothers me. I asked my gf to describe their way of salvation and shes always says "Justification, confessions and she also stated that her being baptized was them being saved. This is clearly wrong according to the Bible. All the things she describes were works which cannot get someone to heaven. "Not of works, lest any man should boast." Eph 2:9. I am very determined to reading and following my Bible. I am a saved "Born again" child of God and I feel that i'm out of his will while dating her. I have witnessed all I can but i'm not going to make her do something she isn't open to. I would like for her to know the truth but it's not likely. My question is, how should I go about breaking up with her in a way she'll understand? I mean I often think of my future and how my kids will be raised and how it affects everything. Please help me to find a way to do this. I do like her, it's just simply not God's will for my life and I know that. Thanks for any advice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment