Saturday, July 16, 2011

Accidentally scratched other vehicle's front while backing. What are the next steps?

I felt very stupid when I accidentally hit the other vehicle from the front side while backing up in the parking lot. My vehicle got most of the scratching but the other vehicle's front corner got some scratches too. I was too busy looking at my own car scratches that I didn't notice the other car got scratches too. The reason is that the other car was gray and scratches were hardly visible from a distance. I was unsure about the situation so didn't leave a note. But then I found a note on my car saying that the neighbor witnessed the accident and called the police. The owner of the car settled the issue and didn't make a case, which was very nice. I am going to meet the owner today and would like to know what should be done in this kind of situation? I never ever had been in this situation before. Kindly suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment